Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Squishy Gel Bags

Here is another craft I made for cam to play with after I discovered Pinterest:)  Not sure where I got the idea...maybe Modern Parents Messy Kids blog?  Anyway, it was super cheap and easy to make, although I am still expecting it to burst at any moment all over my neutral carpet!!

I just grabbed a giant bottle of cheap-o hair gel and squirted it into a Ziplock (notice I did NOT use the cheap-o brand here!) with a bunch of glitter.  Then I found some cute duct tape (there are so many fun colors now!) and taped up all the sides really, really well.   You can still smell the hair gel through the bag so its a multi-sensory experience:) 






Then somewhere I saw people using light boxes as developmental tools for their little ones.  There is a website (can't think of the name, sorry) dedicated to helping Autistic kids, and they have had great success with this kind of activity.  So I threw it gently placed it on top of Cams light box from Michaels.  He had a lot of fun with it, the glitter really stood out.  We also practiced some pre-writing skills by making lines with our fingers.  I thought about making another one for my niece, but I would just DIE if it burst open!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment