Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Busy Binder

*Drum roll*
Are you ready for my most recent and most ridiculously over-the-top project??  A travel binder!  My cousin is taking her 18 month old daughter on a road trip, and she was really worried about keeping her entertained.  AGAAGG had a great post about just that very thing

I put the activity pages on file folders, punched holes in the middle, and put them in a binder.  I was able to put a serious dent in my cute 8x11 scrap pack.  That little package has been soooo useful, I really don't use 12x12s for much.  Almost everything came from the cheap-o dollar section at Michaels.  Anyway, I got a little carried away... so now she had two binders:)

The top page has a Dri Erase board and a Wooly Willy...remember those?  The bottom is a package of foam alphabet stickers.  Um, looks like I put an upside down G as the A.  Whoops.  The other side is one of those cool boards where you scratch off the black stuff and expose the colors under-neith.  I tied all the pens on with some cut twine from CrapMart

This top page is just a few coloring pages ripped from Cam's Elmo coloring book.  Love that jumbo paper clip.  The Hello Kitty crayons and Disney princess markers are stuck onto that opposite page so the packages don't get lost.  The bottom has a little tactile page I made for Cameron with rough and fine sandpaper.  The black things are those cute little velvet bookmarks, with a package of markers





I like these pages a lot!  The yellow one is felt with a zipper hot glued on.  There is also a package of fun bendy fuzzy sticks (what do you call those?)  I strung some pony beads on twine, and stuck some foam numbers on for counting.  The pink page is a felt buttoning activity.  It is the same as the button snake post.  The purple page is also felt, and I stuck velcro on the backs of cute little bugs and flowers to make a felt board.



This one was fun to make, too.  I cut hearts out of foam, and used some left over brads to attach them to the folder.  The little package holds little foam stickers of birds, owls, and mushrooms, so she can decorate them.  On the bottom are a whole bunch of Hello Kitty stickers and a package of temp tattoos.  I clipped a pack of notepaper on with a cute binder clip.  I *may* have glued a cute strip of ribbon the top.  


Here is the binder... sorry, I guess I didn't take a picture of the outside.  I broke apart one of Cameron's magnetic Dri Erase boards and hot glued it to the back cover.  I still have to make some cute magnets to go with.  Butterflies?  Shapes?  The cute little Disney pencil pouch hold a few Hello Kitty stamps and stamp pad.  Hope that doesn't get too messy!!!


Here's a close-up of the Ispy pouch I made.  AGAAGG featured this on her blog, and I copied her shamelessly.  Sorry, Kimbo.  It was a really good idea!  I would not have thought of using cute pony beads.  And it's school season, so the pouches are $1 or less.  


AGAAGG typed up this cute little list of all the objects in the Ispy, but I thought it might be easier to just a take a picture.  So here is the inventory list.  It's surprisingly hard to find everything!  


Since most of the stuff was really inexpensive, I was able to get double of most things.  So, you can look forward to a future post featuring Cameron's busy bag:)

No comments:

Post a Comment