Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cam's Bedroom

How about a tour of the baby's room?  The instant these photos were taken was officially the cleanest this room has ever been:)  The decorations for the wall and trim on the back wall are not complete yet.  We did a big remodel in 2011, and this room was actually the guest bedroom in the back of the house.  That wall is unfinished because it housed a big window that looked out into the backyard, where there was a grove of scrub oak.  We put an addition on the back, covered that window over and murdered the trees.  Can you tell I am still bitter?

Anyway, here is a pic from standing in the doorway.  I love his toddler bed, wish he'd sleep in it more :)  That easel was a gift from Cams great grandmother; it is a magnetic marker board with a stool and storage bins.  The board also folds down and becomes a writing desk with slots for art supplies in the back.  He has played with this everyday since we got it... thanks Granma!   Eventually, I will paint the wooden letters I bought and hang them in a crescent over the shelf on that wall.  See those cute little dinos on that shelf?  Ya I made them:)


Yuk, sorry for the crappy picture.  The little table and chair set is rom IKEA.  I put it together myself *applause*.  I made that curtain, too *double applause*.  But I got nuthin' on my hubby, he painstakingly crafted the wainscot while I was in my third trimester.  It was comforting to see him nesting, too.  The dino prints were found online and I just threw them up in some cheap frames from Michaels'.  


I love the dino footprints!!! Found them on Google shopping, a whole set for like $14.  Cam went through a clock obsession stage, hence the clock low on the wall.  I would like to get a whole bunch, but I am worried the ticking would make me go crazy.  Cam loves that little chest of drawers to the right; he turns on the light, the radio and looks at the pictures.  It had a door, but I took it off so he could have easy access to some books and games.  Over on the left is a little Montessori inspired Care of the Self station; there's a little coat-rack for clothes and a chair to sit in to put shoes on.  I'd like to hang a mirror and a small shelf with a hair brush etc.  


No comments:

Post a Comment