Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lunches

So we all know how important nutrition is for the little ones, and we all know how hard it is to actually get them to eat healthy.  I will save the lecture, and just say that my goal is 3 meals, 2 snacks a day with emphasis on organic foods.  High protein, lots of fruits and veggies, lots of water.  Of course, I can set an incredible meal up for him, but he doesn't always want it.  I won't force him to eat.  Yes, it's frustrating when he refuses to touch the food I just spent a lot of time and money to give him.  We bribe him with rewards, do reverse psychology, and have him help prepare the food (that's supposed to help.)  He does really well for a toddler... his school teacher calls him a 'passionate' eater...hehe.  But he is starting to go through that no-appetite phase... It's freaking me out!  

Anyway, I'm always trying to find new ideas for lunches, meal prep, ect.  Here are some pics of mealtime at our house.  











No comments:

Post a Comment