Monday, July 9, 2012

My First Ever Blog Post!

Ok...so many ideas...where to start?  As I sit here frowning at this screen trying to figure out where to start, I am realizing that it would have been a lot easier to start this before he turned two:)  I guess I could start with the name of this blog, Dinosaurs and Poptarts.  No, they aren't our nicknames, this is what my darling Cameron asks for for breakfast!!  Dinosaurs is referring to the dino shaped chicken nuggets and, just for the record, I buy the uber healthy organic Annies poptarts:)


How about a quick history lesson?  


Cameron was born on June 24th 2010 at 1040 AM in Utah.  My husband and I had been together for 8 years (married for 5) and we got pregnant literally 2 months after I graduated nursing school.  I was one of those very blessed people who had a great pregnancy (no puking EVER!) and a really smooth delivery.  Our precious little Cam was the first grand and great-grand child on all four sides of our families, so he was well received to say the least.   


Like most mommies, I am under the impression that my child is very advanced:)  Luckily, I have a MIL with a rich history in early childhood development who introduced me to Montessori method.  Anyone not familiar should absolutely check into it... I will be adding a list of favorite blogs soon.   We enrolled Cameron in a local Montessori school when he was 18 months, and it is by far one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I'm a working mama by necessity and by choice, and I felt like I couldn't educate him properly after working 12 hour shifts.  It's been amazing to watch his knowledge, skills and vocabulary grow over these past months.  Even more fun has been converting my back bedroom to a craft/class room and putting out Montessori inspired works and activities for Cam.  He loves them, and runs circles around the house squealing 'activities!' whenever I set up new ones!  


I'm new to the whole crafting thing...but I am quickly getting addicted!  I'm due for a Pintervention:)  I enjoy wood and paper crafts, and use the crap out of my Silhouette (with love from that incredible MIL I was telling you about!)  My favorite, of course, are crafts with and for the kiddo.  I also like cooking... well, let me re-phrase... I like Chinese take out but I do cook occasionally.   


It's late, and that is about all I have time for now.  See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment