Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Snack Box #2

A recurrent theme that I keep seeing in my Montessori blogs is independence with meal times.  Many parents are setting up a snack bin, keeping drinks on a low shelf in the fridge, and putting kids' utensils in a low drawer so that they can help themselves.  I love this idea for many reasons:  It fosters independence, frees up some of my time, and allows me to limit Cam's choices to healthy ones.  

Below is the new snack bin I made for Cam that lives in the little drink fridge.  I have another bin for pantry-item snacks, but this one is specifically for refrigerated items.  So, its got apples, cherries, cucumber slices, carrots, diced strawberries, yogurts, cheese and bananas.  I will be rotating out these items each week.  So far, Cameron loves this bin!  Mr. Terrible Twos likes the autonomy.  I also keep his drinks in this same low fridge, so he can grab both if he wants.  





No comments:

Post a Comment