Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sparkle Jar

Ok, I know you've seen these, they are all over Pinterest.  They are basically a snow-globe on roids.  I originally got the idea from Chasing Cheerios, I think.  Other Moms have called it a Time Out or Calm Down Jar, and the kiddos have to sit still until all the glitter settles.  Great idea, really. 

Mine is just a tube of glitter, a tube of glitter glue (gives it the swirly effect) and blue food coloring in a Mason jar.  Ya, I know it's glass.  I'm a believer in *safely* exposing kids to potential hazards, so they know how to handle them.  Otherwise you end up with a 6 year old who can't cut his own apples cuz no one let him practice using a knife.  So, Cameron has been allowed to touch/play with glass objects and he knows to handle them carefully.  I'm debating about hot gluing the lid on...I'm sure my husband would appreciate blue food dye all over the floor:)  But I'm a hoarder crafter so I can't give up on that jar!!  I know I will use it again!!

You can't really see the swirls of glue in this pic...it's really hard to get a picture of that with my phone.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment