Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Button Snake

I'm starting to believe that there are no more original ideas...that the same few just keep getting passed around Pinterest.  Thanks to Counting Coconuts (again) for this idea... not sure where she heard of it.  This was also made when Cam was around 18-20 months, when my life centered around Montessori education.  (That was when he started school.)  I couldn't get enough!  I'd scour the blog world into the wee hours in the morning, absorbing ideas and info.  Hmmm, I'm actually still doing that:)

This is just a strip of sturdy ribbon, edges hemmed, with a button sewn to the end.  Coconuts put her button on the very end, and I later cut off the tip and did the same thing.  The sheets are just pieces of felt with a slit cut in the middle.  

Cameron likes this activity OK, it's not his favorite because it is still difficult for him.  I'm going to continue to leave it on our shelves and hope he gets better at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment