Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Tray works, Jan 2013

 Here's a quick post about the new activities I set up for Cameron after I took down all the Christmas stuff.  That a j-o-b job!!!  But worth it:)

This pic is of his traditional Montessori unit, so as usual, I tried to keep that one as practical life-y as I could.  The other two shelving units are devoted to transportation. 





Santa Claus came to town and brought us lots of presents!!!  I ordered about $95 worth of stuff from Amazon, and was able to get 9 or 10 different items.  I was *thrilled* with these wonderful, valuable teaching tools... Cameron likes them ok:)  Below is the pegboard we got, he is having trouble making shapes himself, but he enjoys identifying the ones I make.  




Santa also brought a "Lauri's Toys Primer Pack" of educational awesomeness.  Here are some of the threading cards, and string from a M&D set.  (I like it better than the one that came with the Lauri's set.)  Cam is doing better and still showing interest, but mostly he likes to drag the shoe lace around and lasso stuff with it!
 


Also from Lauri's Toys is this great train counting activity.  I love it, and Cam has played with it several times!  You place pegs according to the train number, the trains all fit together like a puzzle, and the numbers are removable.  Perfect to go along with my transportation unit!
 



I made this little activity a while ago, and it really isn't my favorite.  But it was in the 'Ready' box and I had an empty tray slot, so...  The bag of button shapes is from HL, I think.  I traced them onto some scrapbook paper for Cam to match.  
 



Another Santa surprise!  This one looked really cool to me, it goes beyond just basic blocks.  I am going to do a Shapes and Colors unit soon, and I really got this toy for that... but I couldn't wait:)  The above activity is also supposed to be for that same future unit, looks like there will be a few repeat appearances!
 



This is one of Cameron's most favorite toys from Christmas.  It's a crane truck or something from Chuck the Truck (we watch that show) and it builds things out of Play Doh.  All the pieces come off and the truck itself lights up and talks.  Cam went ape sh*t for it:)  "Let's pway Pway Doh!!!"  And of course, it works with transportation.  Below is a pic of the instructions so you can see how much it can do!
 




This is a counting activity courtesy of Confessions of a Home-schooler.  The cards have corresponding dots, and you can either use counters or clothespins.  He already has done several tray works with counters, but his clothespinning could use some improvement, lol
 



Here is just an updated shot of his classroom table, complete with Christmas Legos and 'copters:)



And, yes, we are still playing with water beads!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment