Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

I want to apologize upfront for how blurry these photos are;  Christmas morning with a toddler moves pretty fast!

The next few pics are from our house in the morning.  We rolled out of bed at like, 9:30.  It was great:)


 

 


 
  


I thought this was really cool:  Our cousin's future wife was sweet enough to leave a note from Santa on the plate of cookies we left out out for him:)  Cameron and I made a ridiculous amount of glazed sugar cookies on Christmas eve, it was so fun.  And messy.  
 
 


Next we move on my MIL's house.  They always go all out for the holidays, this is a great family to marry into, lol

 

 




"Oooo!  Mommy, look at all these Legos!  I better pick them back up!"
 


Lastly, we all congregate at the Great Grandparents' house for food and presents.  It was well past Cam's nap time, but he held it together like a champ:)







At the end of the day, I think Cameron's favorite toys were the Playmobil sets that the MIL got for him.  One is a farm and the other is a firestation.  I was worried a little about losing pieces... and not really looking forward to putting it all together!  But I have to admit, I truly enjoyed building these with Cam and he has played with them constantly since they were set up.  Still, he struggles with using a soft or intricate touch for extended periods, so these are great for him.  



I was tired of playing on the floor (I'm old) so I put the lid on Cameron's train table and set his Playmobil stuff up thereI had a few sheets of that super firm felt leftover from previous projects, so I put those down, too.  I have had an absolute blast watching him play with these!  He will dress up in his fire gear and play fire station, and sing the FireMan Sam show song.  He gets all concerned about his little people and tells them to be careful and wear their helmets:) 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment