Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cam's Room Update

 The blank walls in Cam's bedroom were driving me bonkers!  So while I was at Target recently, I found that great dinosaur canvas that matches his colors perfectly.  They also had that artwork display string with cute little dinosaur clips on it.  The clips that say 'ROAR' kept falling over, so I took some of that tacky stuff and stuck them to the wall:)  Cam seems fine with the new stuff, he is so proud of his coloring pages!  "Wook, Mama, it's Super Why with the power to read!"




If you remember, the cute vinyl foot prints were on a different wall.  I like them better here... although they are starting to lose some of their stickiness:)   Looking at this picture, I guess the changer table could probably go.  I don't use it for changing, but I do keep all his clothes in there.  Hmmmm....




Below is a cute Pinterest idea that I am really happy I stumbled across.  Cameron is only 2.5 but he has been having trouble with fear.  He's scared of the dark, scared of bees, ghosts, monsters, and ironically, dinosaurs.  Whenever he sees a dark area, he says "the dinosaurs are going to get me!"  Once he awoke from a sound sleep screaming about bees in his eyes:(  Around Halloween, he mistook a white towel hanging on a knob as a ghost... it did look like one, I have to admit but it was still sad.  

Dinosaurs.  Of course, he starts to dislike the theme his entire room is done in!!  But I have only really ever put happy, cartoon-y dinos in there, and he doesn't seem to be bothered with those.  There is a dino pillow that is a T. Rex with a big, open, toothy mouth that he doesn't care for.  He will take it and chuck it into the hallway, proclaiming "No scary dinosaurs in my room!"

So I made him a Monster Away Spray:)  It is an empty dollar store spray bottle with a cute printable (laminated, of course).  Can't remember where I found the website, sorry.  I gave this to Cam and told him it keeps all the scary stuff away.  He asked me why it was empty, and I told him it was filled with magic:)  So he carried it around with him for the longest time, and is slowly and steadily working through his fears.  


No comments:

Post a Comment