Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Classroom Organization

 When I was first putting together activities and tray works for Cam, I realized that good organization of those items was going to be essential!  I have revised my system several times over the past year or two.  My poor hubby knows to stay away when he sees me pulling everything out of the back bedroom!  It is usually accompanied by a few curse words...

Anyway, I think I have finally found a system that is working well for me.  I don't have much closet space (this is a bedroom from the front part of the house, which was not renovated.)  We did install a closet organizer from Target and thank heavens for it!  My hubbs has since added on a few shelves for me, also.  

Ok, these pictures are a disaster!  I have decided that for my birthday, all I want is for the hubbster to install can lights in Cam's classroom and the living room!!! I'm sooo not kidding:)  This is just a shot of the inside of the closet and of the craft storage (AKA shoe hanger). I've got Cam's posters, large felt sheets, and art smock hanging on hangers to the right of the tower.  Believe it or not, there are also a boatload of winter coats and dresses in there!




Starting from the top, I've got some bins from the Dollar store with chalk board labels.  Those make me very happy!  The top is just for random items that don't fit into other categories, or I haven't quite decided how to use:)  The ready box has mostly items we have used before, but there might be one or two activities that are ready to go.

 



Here are the middle two bins, and they corral most of my little stuff.  For example, Sorting would have little erasers, buttons, small bowls, etc.  Pouring has rice, beans, rocks, and a few containers and strainers.  

 



The bottom two cubbies are really just extra storage.  The unlabeled (gasp) bin is where I am putting activities for the next unit.  This has really saved me time!  It would take forever to go through all those nooks and crannies and find specific little items.  I first used it for Cam's transportation unit, and as you can see, I had a bunch of stuff for that one!  The very bottom has puzzles that are not in use.  I tried to keep them out all the time, but it was not working out so well.  
 



 Ok, this shot is to the right of the middle cubby tower, and it is how I keep previous units organized.  The clear shoe boxes are $1 at Smiths, and they are just the right size.  I am not living the sticky-notes, but my label maker is out of paper, and I am banned from shopping for a while:)




This is a (terrible) picture of the left of the closet tower, where my hubby has installed some extra shelves for me.  This is where I have trays, felt, coloring books, flash cards, tongs and spoons, foam stickers, light box supplies... you name it:)  In the back, there is a green tote that has toys that are not yet open.  Some of them I am saving for future activities, some are a little too advanced.

Hope you have enjoyed your tour, I will keep the blog updated with any changes:)


No comments:

Post a Comment