Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Montessori Corner, Dec 2012

 When I took down Cam's tray works from the November, I was so excited to set up Christmas activities!  But things got hectic, so this little bookcase isn't as structured as I would like.  But I did put together some really fun works!

 


Magnet board.  The goal is to match the magnet number to the poster.  He's got 1-10 down pat, so I like this poster cuz it counts a little higher. 
 



This is a Montessori based sound box exercise.  The goal is to identify the objects, and place them with the letter they start with.  He does pretty well at this, they do it at school.  Below is a picture of the objects I used. 
 



Color sorting.  He has never paid much attention to these lacing beads by M&D and I was just looking for an excuse to use them!
 



Pegs!  This activity has remained on our shelves for a looooong time:)  He keeps coming back to it, so I can't take it down yet!




Here is another toy that he has had for a while, but is finally showing some interest in.  I like it cuz it teaches sizes, colors and numbers:)  And the cups also fit together into balls!  
 




Tweezing.  I have been itching to use this cute little ice cube tray, and I just happened to have Christmas pom poms... so there ya go:)
 



More counting activities.  This one has appeared multiple times, but he keeps playing with it, so I keep bringing it out!  I also put some magnetic numbers for him to match, just to shake things up a bit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment