Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkin Crafts

Ok, I've posted about pumpkin picking a few times now, but no posts about the carving!!  The following pictures are of all the pumpkins we amassed at said pumpkin patches, and some that we were given.  Cameron's grandpa is a Farmers Marketer with several urban farms across Salt Lake.  He gave us a few large Cinderella variety pumpkins, these were kind of challenging because they are short and squat:)






Thanks, Pinterest:)  Cameron did not like this one at all; he said it was a 'scary pumpkin'.  I took it down off the shelf to show it to him and explain that it was just a pair of plastic teeth...and the teeth totally jumped out of the mouth and hit him in the chest.  You can laugh, it's ok...I did;)


 Since the little guy is kind of young to actually carve pumpkins with a serrated knife, I found these great plastic pieces from the $ store that just stick on.  You might remember them from the Halloween Goodie Bag I made for him while I was in NC.  They do have a sharp edge for puncturing the skin, but Cameron is really safe with these after we had the *sharp* discussion:)  


Cinderella pumpkin!!  I did actually carve this one myself, I know it's a little lopsided!!


 The next two are close ups of different sides of the same above pictured pumpkin.  I found a package of foam stickers at (ta-dah) the $ store.  Cam loved these!  I coached him on where to put the pieces, but he put them all on 'all by by myself' :)

 'Mommy, look!  He's smiling at me!'


 OK, this one is hard to see, but I am really proud of it!  Pinterest told me I could use a cookie cutter instead of a knife to make shapes.  There is a cat, a pumpkin, and a half moon shape.  See them?  Cameron helped me pound them in using a hammer, he *loved* that part.  'Mamma, what you doing with Daddy's tools??'


  I think I saw this in a Martha Stewart Mag... it's little mice peeking through holes in the pumpkin.  Cute, right?  Ya, not my favorite either:)


Halloween Costume!  I'm a skunk.  My husband, a man in his 30's, is much too mature to dress up for silly children's holidays:)

Too My Space-y?  I don't know how to take a self portrait and not look like a 16 year old tramp.   The hooker boots don't help either, lol!!


No comments:

Post a Comment