Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Montessori Corner: Autumn Theme

Remember a looooong time ago when I very first was interested in Montessori method and put up Cam's first shelves in the living room?  That area has, over time, become cluttered and stagnant.  Cam really doesn't even play with the toys that are there.  And, of course, it's in my freakin' living room so it is time for a re-do!!  Behold cameron's new Autumn themed Montessori Corner.  Complete with tray works.  And basket works and clipboard works...:)








 This one is hard to see, sorry, but it is a Play Doh activity with Thanksgiving-ish cookie cutters and orange dough


 $4 on clearance at Michaels!  We will be making felt leaf wreaths


 My only Thanksgiving book.  How sad!  So I threw in the Snowy Day and some leftover activity binders I made for Cam when I was out of state.  In the back is a Thanksgiving placemat for kids, with games and crayon.  


 Some fine motor works:  small clothespins and a beaded bracelet 


 This one is kind of a secret for now:)  Remember how we are hosting Thanksgiving this year?  I wanted to give something homemade to our guests/family.  My first idea was to paint cute little turkeys from the Wood Connection and set them at each place, but I got so distracted I only ended up leaving with two!!  So, I figured maybe Cameron can make place cards with stickers and stamps on foam sheets.  Should be cute!!


 A re-appearing counting work:)  Cameron still loves this one, and is so excited to show it to us when he completes it.  So, I traded out the brightly colored pom poms for earth tones


 Cutting Practice.  We colored these print outs together, many thanks to makinglearningfun.com.  He is actually probably ready to graduate from the toddler scissors, but I want him to be able to enjoy the activity and not feel pressured or frustrated.


 Shape Matching.  Printed these, colored them, and laminated them.  


 Toilet paper roll Pilgrims and Indians!  A certain someone still needs to finish coloring them before we cut 'em out and glue 'em on:)


 Here's another shot of the magnet board that lives in the living room.  The die cuts are from the Dollar store, I magnetized them:)  There is also a leaf/shadow matching activity at the bottom.  It is also making another appearance from previous units.  But Cam likes it and is really good at it!


No comments:

Post a Comment