Thursday, November 1, 2012

Craft Room

Just now realizing that I have posted incessantly about removing my craft desk and how it  improved Cameron's classroom... but I never mentioned what I did with that desk:)  If you remember, it was a hollow core door on top of 2 WalMart bookcases that were only about 30 in tall with 3 shelves.  Those stayed in Cam's classroom because 1) duh, I needed bookcases and 2) they really weren't working out with my desk.  They were difficult to get to... I had to stand on my head and crawl under the desk to find anything.  Totally inaccessible.  The desk itself was moved into the office, and the two chairs and table that were there got banished to the living room.  

Well, my good friend Michaels had these great craft storage cubes that you can mix and match.  *And* when stacked one-on-top-of-another, are perfect desk height:):):)  It's maybe a little difficult to see, but I was able to get a great mix of shelves, drawers with dividers, cubbies, slats and even a 12x12 filing cabinet.  *Perfect* for my scrap booking paper!  I'm pretty happy with the ribbon/embellishment organizer that sits in the middle.  I like my cute stuff, and I want to be able to see it, lol.  

The Silhouette craft cutter works sooo much better in the office, too.  That is where the computer with the Silhouette program is located, along with the printer.  It is a lot easier to use that before, when I would spread my stuff out all over Ian's desk... and then get all pissy when he put things away and I couldn't find them:)

There is a caddy that is like a lazy susan in the corner, it was a life-saver on the old desk, but I really don't need it here.  There is all the room I need in the top drawers.  So right now, it's empty... and that kinda makes my eye twitch:)  But as with any bin or drawer, it will soon get filled up, I'm sure!!

Of course, it's not complete.  I am not happy with the cork board... and there are some shoe boxes that are *gasp* not painted or Mod Podged:)  I also have a new sewing machine (thanks so much, Kari!!!) that I need to set up.  But all in all, I am soooo happy with this!  It is working out great.  Also, it was really not that pricey thanks to several 40% off coupons and several trips to Michaels, lol


No comments:

Post a Comment