Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

I love my husband.  Don't get me wrong.  But when he volunteers us to host Thanksgiving in the middle of November...

I know that he is just trying to be helpful to the rest of the family.  Our grandparents who usually host are getting older and struggling with health problems.  My MIL (the best party-thrower and cook I have ever had the pleasure of meeting) is sooo busy these days.  This year will actually be a small gathering, only 6 1/2 total.  So I guess I can't really be too upset:)  It's kind of an honor to me, so I am planning of making the most of it.   Now that I have had a few days to process, I'm getting kind of excited!

So, I have been busying myself these last few days off with getting my house decorated and thoroughly cleaned.  I guess I need to start finding and trying some recipes, too!  Below are some pics of my fall decorations.  I made some of them (yaay for crafting!)


My centerpiece!  I am so happy with it, thanks Pinterest for the inspiration.  Please ignore the dirty table top and the messy kitchen in the background, lol




Fall Wood Crafts!  I found this at the Wood Connection in Murray, and I *had* to have it:)  They have so much cute stuff, it is hard to not buy piles of stuff.  My poor hubby is so confused by my obsession with that place, 'Oooo two by fours' he jokes:)




Here are a few shots of my entry.  I love to decorate that little area for Holidays; it is small enough that it's not overwhelming or too time consuming.  I made the little 'I heart Autumn' sign and turkey.  Cameron found that funny little bird on the dollar=spot section at Target and carried it around with him for like, half an hour.  So, me being the push-over I am, got it for him:)  I *really* have to update my family picture... Cam is only 3 months old in that one, lol!!!  



Oooo, I am so proud of these frames, haha!  Just scrapbook paper and cute foam stickers.  The wall in the dining area got kind of a makeover during the remodel.  My hubbster re-built it and framed out the window, it looks great.  But it is kind of... um, left of center:)  I'm sure we are the only people that will ever notice, but I have been itching to put some frames up to the right of that window.  I was thinkin I could switch out the photos/paper for different seasons.  Anyway, got these put together and now I just need my man to hang them up for me.  No, I'm not a diva; he is just REALLY protective of the walls since he built most of them, ha!



Cute little pumpkins from the wood store.  They were fun and quick to put together.  Looking back on it, I'm not sure why I painted them brown...??


Look at this cute banner I made!  I freaking love my Silhouette, it would have taken me forever to cut those out.  I finally found twine at WalMart and just tacked up the flags with little clothespins.  Easy Peasy!  The turkey, leaf and pumpkin are also from the Wood Connection...wish I had a more rustic orange for that pumpkin!


No comments:

Post a Comment