Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Road Trip! Part 1

After much planning and saving, our little family was able to finagle a trip to California for 10 days!  It was incredible... and much needed!  My poor husband does seasonal work and has been swamped.   My job has also been particularly challenging lately.

We decided to road trip it instead of flying, thinking it would give us a little more freedom.  I was not entirely convinced that was the right way to go, but it worked out wonderfully in the end.  Cameron did *so* well in the car!  I packed him a giant box of activities, snacks, new activities... I will post on those next!

We spent our first night in St. George, Utah since we couldn't leave until I finished my shift at the hospital.  Second night in Las Vegas, then Anaheim, Santa Monica, Pismo Beach, San Francisco, and finally Lake Tahoe.  I was hoping to head far enough south to see Sea World, but we just didn't quite have enough time.  Maybe next summer!


Here's a pic of our super excited little family walking through the parking lot towards Disney Land.  It was my hubby's idea to make that the highlight of the trip and I am so glad we did! At first I was thinking we should wait a year to take him there, since he really has never seen any Disney movies.  But he loved it, and I feel lucky to have given him so many exciting memories.  Um, no his shirt is not tucked in; it's just a funny angle:)


 On our way into the park, the Rainforest Cafe was trying to drum up a little business by having some animals out for the kiddos to see.  Cameron was so impressed by this little Cockatoo!  It said 'hello' and he was just floored!


 So apparently, there is this really awesome Lego store!  Cam has only been exposed to the  giant, beginner Legos and I was so excited to take him in the store and find some more developmentally appropriate toys.  He loved it in there!  We were in the for like, 2 hours and left with armloads of kits!  The wheels are turning for a Lego themed 3rd birthday party...


 Outside the store is a big ramp where the kiddos can build Lego cars and race them.  Cam and Dad totally bonded together, it was really sweet to watch :)  


 Below are just some random pictures taken throughout the park.  It was really so fun, but it was also *crazy* hot.  Over 100 degrees, and not too much shade.  I was trying to keep Cam out of the sun as much as I could, and give him lots to drink.  He did great for a toddler, but definitely had a few meltdowns along the way:)







No comments:

Post a Comment