Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Farm Unit

So I re-worked Cameron's classroom space recently and he now has a much more organized, learning-conducive environment.  I was so thrilled, I went to work setting up a few new units for him.  This post is dedicated to Farms.  

*All printables are from 1+1+1=1, Oopsy Daisy, 2 Teaching Mommies, Second Story Window


Little People Farm tractor and trailer... he LOVES it!  He named it the Farmer in the Dell:)


Farm sensory box.  This was a little kit from the local grocery store for like, $3.  It came with the landscape the animals are standing on; I just taped it to a paper tray to keep everything together. 


 The Dollar Store has these great scissor practice kits, this one happens to be a farm theme



Spooning eggs into an egg carton.  Sometimes the very cheapest, last-minute ideas are the favorites!


 More Momma-Baby puzzels 


Shaping Play Doh into eggs. 


 Melissa and Doug chunky puzzle.  These are really too easy for him, but we have WAY too many of these to stop using them!


 I laminated cute farm characters and glued them onto popsicle sticks. We position them in Play Doh and pretend to do farm stuff.  Play Doh is Cameron's favorite, so I've been trying to incorporate it into as many activities as possible.  Someday we will make our own.  


3 Part Puzzles from a box of flashcards


 4 Part Puzzles mounted on cardstock and laminated.  They are a little difficult for him still, so I don't push him into playing with them. 


Our collection of Farm books!  The tractor book is actually the very first book I ever bought for him when I was still pregnant.  I can't believe it is still in one piece!  Farmer Mickey is another one of his first ever books from his great Grandma.  The Almanac is from his farmer's-maketing Grandpa.  


More printables from mommies who are more creative than myself:)  I am trying to use Lapbooks like 1+1+1=1 recommends.  They are just the right size, and they sure are cute!


Sorting


 More sorting


 Cutest ever ladybug counting cards!!  


 Cameron loves this project!  I laminated the farm animals and put magnets on the back.  He matches the shadows so well and never gets one wrong.  I'm so proud of him!


 Here is the Farm section of bookshelves.  Currently, he has another just like it that is devoted to insects and then a larger bookcase that houses traditional Montessori works.  I have been so happy with this space after moving my craft desk out.  He calls it his 'cwassroom' :)


 I put together a binder full of worksheets from those above-mentioned amazing blogs.  All the pages are put into page protectors so he can re-use them.  I keep a Dri Erase marker and small eraser in the binder.  Many of these pages are pre-writing skills, and he does pretty well with these.  


 Sorry, not sure why this one is side-ways!  This pic just shows that this is where all of the papers, cards, and lapbooks are kept.  I have found that with a rambunctious toddlerboy, you can't just leave paper anything sitting out:)  Below is a good example of the pre-writing skills worksheet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment