Wednesday, October 31, 2012

While I'm away Bags

So about a week ago, I took a little trip to North Carolina to visit my family.  My sweet grandmother is getting older, and I needed to start making time with her a priority.  However, we just couldn't take the time off or pay for 3 plane tickets...so I went alone.  Awful, right?  My sweet hubby and the whole fam damily pitched in to take care of Cameron while I was out of town, thank goodness for them.  

I missed them *so* bad.  I really have only spent 1 night apart from him in... 2 years 4 months:)  This little trip lasted only 4 days, which were my scheduled days off of work.  I was hoping to do something extra special for them so they would know how much I loved and missed them.  Pinterest had a couple of great ideas, and I ended up going with Treat Bags.

*Um, yeah I know the 123 is actually a 12E but remember my husband's 30th Bday party?  I used every #3 foam sticker in a 5 mile radius;)


So, I made a themed bag full of goodies for each day that I was away.  Each bag had toys, books, puzzles, arts and crafts... they were really fun to put together.  I tried to make the outsides cute with little die cuts and stickers and things.  My hopes were for the hubbs and Cam to open them sometime in the evening and then spend some quality time together.  


Here is everything that went into the Fireman Bag:  dollar store vests for dress up, a Lego kit for Dad to build, a book and a Thomas toy.


 This one I called ABCs and 123s cuz I couldn't think of anything else!  Its got some books, flashcards, a dollar store number puzzle, and a Montessori counting activity. 


 Halloween Bag:  I bought some styrofoam rounds from Michaels and painted them to look like pumpkins.  Then the dollar store had these great face pieces that you can just stick into the outside of the pumpkin...They were great!  Then some Halloween coloring pages and markers.  


 This one was just called the Fun Bag cuz it was just a bunch of randomness.  Magnets, Legos, play food, balancing game, and a Melissa ad Doug shape puzzle.  What's sad is that almost all of these things were just stashed away in the closet.  I'm a total hoarder.  


 I was so proud of myself with those bags thus far; they were fun and had some educational stuff too!  But what's the fun of goodie bags without goodies?:)  So I threw in a treat and a Diet Coke for my hubby...he's even more addicted than myself!!


 I felt like the Halloween Bag was a little light, so I made up some activity books with printables from TwoTeachingMommies.  They have such cute stuff for pre-writing practice, shadow matching, counting manipulatives... I love that site!!  Um, yeah I may have gotten into Cameron's pile of Autumn stickers from Target... sometimes mommies want to play too!  Sorry the following pictures are so bad, maybe Santa will bring me a nice camera this year:)  







Wow, sorry this post is getting to be a long one! Below are some pics the hubbs sent me of Cameron playing with the goodies.  You know I love those action shots:)









And, last but not least, Cam made a special little card for me to take to his Granma Ji-Ji in Carolina.  How cute is that!?!  She loved it.  I couldn't stop giggling over the random stickers he chose:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment